Phylus Schlafly has written another screed about feminism. The HuffPo have a Q&A, and I could not help but notice this exchange:
Where were conservatives when the divorce rate got out of hand?
Phyllis: They were quietly raising their own families.
Let’s fact-check that one:
- Twice-married Saint Ronnie–divorced Jane Wyman and married Nancy “Just Say No” Davis (pregnant, so obviously she sometimes said yes). Never attended his children’s weddings.
- Twice-married Grandpa Walnuts–divorced wife #1 after she was disfigured in a car accident to marry booze heiress that he affectionately calls The C-Word.
- Triple-married Rudy Giulianni–he loved his family so much, he even married his cousin. Between marriages he shacked up with some gay pals. Estranged from his children.
- Triple-married Newtie Gingrich–serial adulterer, he always cheated on the current wife with the next incumbent. The man had standards, but clearly the wives did not. Calista Blow Job Queen #3 converted him to Catholicism.
- Quadruple-married Junkie Limbaugh–the less said the better.